Wednesday, October 26, 2011

5 Senses Poetry

My students have been working on writing 5 senses poems. We started with a poem about fall. After working our way through the writing process, my students had their fall 5 senses poems published to hang in the "Gillow Gallery" (which is really just the hallway where we display work outside of my classroom). Each child made a fall tree out of tissue paper to display with their poem. It was great for fine motor practice.  My students (even those who have a hard time with fine motor tasks) LOVED making the tissue paper tree.  The trunk is just random brown fabric that I cut using an old Ellison die cut. Oh, I mean....a parent used the machine to cut out all the trunks for me.   Super helpful parents = super lucky teacher!


Here is a sample of one of the poems and the tree together.


Last week, I posted a Halloween 5 sense poem freebie. You can find that post here.

At my Teachers Notebook and Tpt shops, you can find my Seasonal 5 Senses Poetry Forms for the whole year.  My students love writing poetry and using the 5 senses seems to give them an extra boost, so they can focus on word choice and creativity.



That's all for now!   Oh, how I love comments...

3 comments:

  1. So fun! We do a "version" of those trees. No fabric here - just construction paper. :( But you've inspired me!!!! :) Still voting for you -- you're getting up there!!! :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - oh how I love comments too...isn't that funny? They just make my day!!! Tossing some love your way. Your trees turned out really cute.

    Crisscross Applesauce In First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tissue paper trees are fun to make. The fall sense poem is a great supplemental activity.

    ReplyDelete